Refund, Return, and Cancellation Office Policy
1. DTVEC will tune up, replace screws, and nose pads for frames purchase at our office at no charge.
2. There is a one year warranty for manufacturer defects. Wear and tear, accidents, or abuse is not warrantable. Our office opticians will determine whether any damage will be considered a defect, but ultimately the manufacturer makes the final decision.
3. Frames or parts can be purchased if the one year warranty has expired, in case of breakage.
4. If the frame breaks after a year, it is discontinued, and no parts are available, the office could send it to be repaired. There would be a fee, but at a reasonable price. Repaired frames will not look exactly like it did originally. There may be different colored screws, small scratches on or around hinges, or discoloration around the soldering. If the frames had a spring hinge, it may no longer have a spring after repaired.
5. Use of old frame with new lenses: We are not liable for breakage or damage. As a frame ages, it becomes brittle which may not be visible at the time.
1. One lens remake will be done at no charge within 90 days of purchase at DTVEC.
2. Remakes between 90 days to five months will be charged an office visit fee, if a new refraction is needed.
3. After 90 days, new lenses will need to be purchased.
4. If glasses were purchased at another office, we will verify the accuracy of the prescription. DTVEC will not reimburse patient any fees incurred for remakes charged by outside offices. A refraction can be done, at the patient's request, but there will be a charge for the service.
5. Patients can upgrade lenses within 90 days of purchase, but there will be a charge for any upgrade.
6. Patients who choose to downgrade lens options (for example: progressive to single vision, removing no glare coating or transition, or polycarbonate to standard plastic) will not be refunded. It will be considered a remake at no charge.
7. NO GLARE COATING, POLYCARBONATE, HI-INDEX, & TRIVEX: there in a one time warranty at no charge(one year from the date of purchase).
8. CANCELLATION OF GLASSES: Cancellation and full refund can only be done before our lab has begun processing the order. All costs once the order has started by the lab whether or not completed will be the patient's responsibility and will not be eligible for a full refund.
9. Once insurance benefits are used for frame and lenses, those benefits will not be reinstated.